Whether you're a parent, student, borrower, financial aid administrator, or a high school counselor, the resources listed below can provide valuable information for any college journey.
Students and Borrowers
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Free application for financial aid for college or graduate school from the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- How Financial Aid Works - Step-by-step guide through the entire financial aid process and what it entails from the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- Financial Aid Eligibility - Learn about the requirements to be eligible for financial aid, how to stay eligible, and how to regain your eligibility if you lose it with this information provided by the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- Mapping Your Future - Provides excellent information about higher education and career planning.
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (AACRAO) - Their mission is to provide leadership in developing and implementing policy in the global educational community.
- Carolinas Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers (CACRAO) - An organization dedicated to promoting postsecondary education through the professional development of its members, the sharing of ideas, and support of the Southern Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, and their professional associations.
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) - An organization that is dedicated to advancing the economic vitality, business practices, and support of higher education institutions in pursuit of their missions.
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) - National association that provides professional development and services for financial aid administrators; advocates for public policies that increase student access and success; serves as a forum on student financial aid issues; and is committed to diversity throughout all activities.
- National Council of Higher Education Resources (NCHER) - An organization that provides superior advocacy, communications, research, and operational support to its members so they may effectively help students and families develop, pay for, and attain their educational goals.
- National Education Association (NEA) - The nation's largest professional employee organization that is committed to advancing the cause of public education.
- National Student Clearinghouse - An organization that a school can appoint as their agent to confirm the enrollment status of student financial aid recipients to guarantee agencies, lenders, servicers, and the Department of Education's NSLDS.
- National Student Loan Data System - Information on student loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
- North Carolina Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NCASFAA) - Your link to the NC's FAA organization for support, training, and education.
- Southern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (SASFAA) - An organization that works with 9 southern states, including NC, whose purpose is to promote the professional preparation of individuals within financial aid; to develop effective programs related to student financial aid; to facilitate communication between all interested parties within the financial aid community; and to continually evaluate and update our services.
Popular NC Links
- North Carolina Community College System - Information about NC's 58 community colleges that provide high-quality, accessible educational opportunities that minimize barriers to post-secondary education, maximize student success, develop a globally and multi-culturally competent workforce, and improve the lives and well-being of individuals.
- North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities - North Carolina's 36 private, nonprofit liberal arts, research, and comprehensive colleges and universities.
- North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority - The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) is the State agency that promotes access to education by administering financial aid and savings programs, informing students and families about paying for college, teaching educators about financial aid administration, and advocating for resources to support students. NCSEAA is a political subdivision of the State, governed by a nine-member Board of Directors, with administrative support provided by the University of North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina System - The University of North Carolina is a multi-campus university dedicated to serving the state of North Carolina and its people through world-class teaching, research and scholarship, and outreach and service.